Retail Return Policy
When purchasing from Seagate Filters Inc. you get a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. Here is what we charge for returns:
- We deduct the actual shipping and handling fees
- A 15% Restocking fee
- This applies to most items unless noted in writing.
- Credits are usually processed with 14 days of receipt of item.
- If your item was used, installed or placed in water we cannot take it back for any reason.
- Lamps Including UV and Halogen cannot be returned for any reason.
- If your item was used or is being returned in a condition different then when we shipped it out there will be a 30% restocking fee and the actual shipping and handling fees.
Merchandise must be returned in the original condition as delivered to you. This means that the item is not used (even for a few seconds) is resalable with all materials that the item came with including the original box and inserts.
- Closeouts, special orders, cut items such as tubing, pond liner and underlayment; foods, water treatments, UV lamps and halogen bulbs as well as daily deals and Weekly and monthly specials are not returnable.
- Return Policy applies to all sales.
- All returns must be sent to us at the senders expense. Seagate Filters cannot incur shipping charges for returned packages.
* Returned items must have a Return Authorization Number Clearly noted on the top of the box. Items that do not have this number will be be refused at the senders expense.
Here are Some Special Notes on the Return Policy
Pond supplies including but not limited to Pumps, Lights, UV’s, Filters, etc.:
- If the item you buy turns out to be the wrong one please contact us immediately for an “R.M.A. (Return Merchandise Authorization)”
- We cannot accept items that have been used or abused in any manor.
- If you are exchanging your item for another, the restock fee is 10%.
- If the mistake was our fault then there are no restock fees and we pay the shipping both ways.
Consumables including but not limited to Foods, Water Conditioners and Water/Fish treatments and Medications
- These cannot be returned since they are consumed and used in the treatment of water and/or livestock.
Cut Items such as Tubing, Liners and Underlayment
- These cannot be returned since they have been cut from a single piece.
UV Lamps and Halogen Bulbs
- These cannot be returned regardless of being used or new.
Free or Reduced Freight
- If you received FREE or Flat Reduced Rate shipping and you decide to return your order to us, we will gladly send you a refund minus the shipping & handling charges we incurred plus the appropriate restocking fees as stated above.
- If you are returning a partial order be advised that we will minus the complete shipping charges if the part of the order that you keep is under $199.00
- Handling Fees are non refundable.
Shipping Fees and Information
We have a simple shipping policy that will help you “Save on Shipping Costs”. For Shipping Heavy and Oversized Items we ship via common freight carrier. We will be glad to provide you quote prior to completion of a transaction.
There are a few exceptions:
We ship via FedEx and/or UPS Service such as FedEx Ground and/or UPS Ground, 3 Day Select, 2nd Day Air, Next Day Air Saver and Next Day Air. This is calculated based on both weight and dimensions and to the destination zip code. Our shopping cart will figure this cost for you and in most cases is pretty accurate. If in doubt you can also call or email us with your zip code and the item(s) that you are looking for and we will be happy to calculate the rate for you.
Our cut off time for expedited services is 12 pm E.S.T. Monday – Friday. If you are really in a bind and it is after 12 pm call us and we will try to get your order out the same day.
Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico Shipments
We are happy to ship to these areas by FedEx and/or UPS Ground, UPS 2nd Day and Next Day Air shipping to most areas of Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. The shopping cart will calculate actual charges through the FedEx and/or UPS system. We cannot ship to PO Boxes or APO/AE. For Puerto Rico – Please choose Puerto Rico as your Country at checkout to get an accurate rate. Usually it is best not to choose Next Day Air as we have heard that they still take 2 business days.
We are shipping most of our items via FedEx and/or UPS Standard or Worldwide Express service into most parts of Canada. Shipping charges are calculated directly from the FedEx and/or UPS system. We cannot ship to PO Boxes or APO/AE. The Buyer is responsible for all taxes, duties, customs charges and broker fees. We will sometimes also be able to ship your order by USPS.
International Shipping Now Available!
We have partnered with Bongo International to service our customers Worldwide!
Bongo International provides our customers with their very own US address. Once you have a US address, you will be able to make purchases with us as well as other US based online retailers. Bongo receives your purchases and logs them into their online system which you can use to view your items and consolidate them with multiple orders.
International customers can save up to 82% off typical international shipping rates by following these four easy steps:
- Register with Bongo and receive a U.S. shipping address.
- Enter the Bongo address as both your billing and shipping address.
- Use the credit card that you have on file with Bongo as the payment method.
- Once the order arrives at Bongo, log into your account to forward to your country.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Bongo through e-mail. They will be glad to assist you.
Click on the Bongo logo in the corner to get started!
RETURN and WARRANTY
When purchasing from Seagate Filters Inc. you get a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.