Xtreme Bio Media X125 (Fine/Sinking)
- Xtreme Bio Media X125 (fine) is 1/4 inch outside diameter and 1/4 inch long provide 920 square feet of surface area per cubic foot (3,018.35 m2/m3). These media are sold separately as optional upgrade to the Xtreme Bio Media X250. Sold by cubic foot (1 ft3= 7.5 gallons)
- The X125 media form a tighter packing than the X250 media which gives better water clarity. They filter particle sizes down to 10-30 micron but require a stronger water pump to unpack during backwash. The X125 Media can handle up to 95 pounds of fish by weight. Made by High Impact Polystyrene plastic, neutral to slight sinking in water.
- Newly designed, and patented for extreme mechanical and biological performance. The Xtreme Bio Media are made of virgin, high impact Polystyrene plastic from plastic extrusion process to maximize the surface area in a very finite volume.
- High Impact PolyStyrene (HIPS) is a very safe plastic used for this purpose (see Material Safety Data Sheet). HIPS has a specific gravity of 1.05 g/cc which is almost neutral buoyant in water. They will form a packing against a current, either up or down flow. In some moving bed applications, Xtreme Bio Media can be agitated and moved easily with a use of a water jet or an air stone. They are very durable and never need replacement. The dimensions and the media extruded profile of the media had been chosen very carefully to provide the maximum biological/mechanical treatment during filtering and easily unpacked, dislodged dirt during backwash.
- Xtreme Bio Media X125 Fine Sinkingcuft
|117.00||Add to cart|