Xtreme Bio Media X250 (Medium/Sinking)
- Xtreme Bio Media X250 (medium) used in all Xtreme Bio Filters as a standard media. Sold by cubic foot (1 ft3= 7.5 gallons)
- Dimensions are 1/4 inch outside diameter, and 3/8 inch long provide 870 square feet of surface area per cubic foot (2,854.30 m2/m3). They filter particle sizes down to 30-50 microns. The X250 Media can handle up to 80 pounds of fish by weight. Made by High Impact Polystyrene plastic, neutral to slight sinking in water.
- Newly designed, and patented for extreme mechanical and biological performance. The Xtreme Bio Media are made of virgin, high impact Polystyrene plastic from plastic extrusion process to maximize the surface area in a very finite volume.
- High Impact PolyStyrene (HIPS) is a very safe plastic used for this purpose (see Material Safety Data Sheet). HIPS has a specific gravity of 1.05 g/cc which is almost neutral buoyant in water. They will form a packing against a current, either up or down flow. In some moving bed applications, Xtreme Bio Media can be agitated and moved easily with a use of a water jet or an air stone. They are very durable and never need replacement. The dimensions and the media extruded profile of the media had been chosen very carefully to provide the maximum biological/mechanical treatment during filtering and easily unpacked, dislodged dirt during backwash.
- Xtreme Bio Media X250 Medium Sinkingcuft
|99.00||Add to cart|